Q.

My doctor prescribed ciprofloxacin opth 0.3 for an ear infection. pharm did not have it for ears but eyes. same or not

I have an ear infection and went to the Dr, he prescribed ciprofloxacin op for the ear but the pharm did not have it for the ear, instead they gave me ciprofloxacin opth 0.3 for eye infections. Are these two the same medicine and can the Cipro for eye be used in the ears for infection?

Related Topics: Ear Infection, Ears, Eyes

A.

Hi This piece below come from drugs.com . 

What is ciprofloxacin ophthalmic?

<!-- start 300 ad -->Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Ciprofloxacin fights bacteria in the body.

Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic (for the eyes) is used to treat eye infections caused by bacteria. Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic is also used to treat an ulcer in the cornea of the eye.

Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

So as its an antibiotic may just work for your ear. OK