Q.

raw patches with white edges on clitorus and cliteral hood during a probable yeast infection, is this normal?

I had severe itching and soreness around the vaginal opening, labia and clitorus so started yeast infection creams and an oral capsule. The labia seem swollen and it seemed more difficult to put a tampon in but there's no real soreness anymore. My worry is that my clitorus and cliteral hood and now tender to touch and have raw patches on them. They're like red patches with white bits around the outside. I have had no abnormal discharge though. Is this just a side effect of the yeast infection?

A.

Hi I think it could have you have Trichomoiasis.

Trichomoniasis in women can cause any of the following symptoms abnormal vaginal discharge that may be thick, thin or frothy and yellow-green in colour producing more discharge than normal, which may also have an unpleasant fishy smell soreness, inflammation (swelling) and itching around the vagina – sometimes the inner thighs also become itchy, pain or discomfort when passing urine or having sex.

This sounds a bit more like your having and not a YI? Yes.

Try a GUM Clinic/sexual health clinic for help and testing.

Hope this helps you.