Q.

Lump between butt-cheeks

I have a lump between my but-cheeks, actually right between them. But inside the lining of right butt. Its been there for quite some years now. And when I press it hard to check if it pains, it give out some stinky puss. But otherwise, its been dormant for some years now. What can it be ? 

Related Topics: Lump, Pain

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. These types of things can be very annoying.

I suggest you have this lump examined by a doctor. It could be a cyst that needs to be drained. If the lump contains pus, it could eventually cause an infection. And if you squeeze it to the point you break the skin to allow the fluid out, then you risk getting bacteria into that wound and causing a different type of infection.

You could have a pilonidal cyst, which definitely requires a doctor's attention.

I can think of several other possible causes for the lump you describe, which is why you should have an examination. Better to get it diagnosed and taken care of than to allow it to possible evolve into something serious.

Wishing you well!