Q.

So is there a cure for seborrheic dermatitis?

Is there any truth to mayonnaise, and vitamin E oil applied to affected areas curing this ailment?                                                                                  

A.
I'm sorry you're suffering from this condition. Thankfully, although it's unsightly and sometimes painful, it is not life-threatening.

There is no cure I'm aware of for seborrheic dermatitis.This condition causes scaly skin patches and flaking. It also can cause pain.

You can see a dermatologist for more information and medications to treat seborrheic dermatitis. There are prescription creams that can help calm flare-ups.

There is no truth whatsoever to the claim that mayonnaise or Vitamin E oil will "cure" seborrheic dermatitis. It's possible applying an oil like Vitamin E will improve the appearance of scaly patches -- but then again it's possible those patches will clear up on their own without applying anything at all to them.

Wishing you well!