Q.

can shingles flare back up once you finish antiviral medications

I was diagnosed with shingles on my scalp on Sept. 27, 2015.  I was prescribed famciclovir 500 mg 3x daily.  I just finished the medication on Oct. 2, 2015 and I have noticed that there seems to be new areas on my scalp that are beginning to itch and new blisters when scratched - brings me out of my skin so to speak.  Could another dose of famciclovir be helpful???? or needed...

Related Topics: Shingles, Scalp, Itch, Blister, Skin

A.
Herpes zoster can definitely come back, but I am concerned about the accuracy of your diagnosis, so I would strongly suggest that you see a DERMATOLOGIST for an expert, second opinion before just taking the medications again.