Q.

Is it bad to have a lot of pregnancy ultrasounds?

I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks because I hadn't told anyone about my pregnancy, I had another one at 12 weeks. I am now 16 weeks and I haven't seen the doctor because we keep pushing the appointment back. I have an appointment next week and I just wanted to see if it would hurt to get another one just to make sure the baby is okay

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Ultrasound, Vision, Baby

A.

Nothing has ever suggested that ultrasounds are harmful.  They just use high frequency sound waves to create the image, not radiation like an x-ray would.  When you're about 18 weeks along, the doctor will perform another ultra-sound because at that time, the baby's major organs start to develop, so go see that doctor.  Best wishes.