Q.

Does a migraine always include pain or can you just have light sensitivity?

Related Topics: Migraine, Photosensitivity, Pain

A.

I've had migraines about 35 yrs. and with my migranes they go together. I do not want any noise, light, just a nice cool bed w/my meds. If I am at work then I only can take certain meds like my prescibed Ibuprofen.

A.
I've had classic migraines since about the age of 11. For about 25 years they consisted of an "aura" or scintillating scotoma for about an hour followed by severe long-lasting pain and light and sound sensitivity. When in my teens this also often involved nausea. Regular analgesics did nothing for the pain and if I didn't have an opiate based pain med I wished I did instead of hours of agony.

When I got to about 40 years of age the pain component often didn't occur after the aura. Now I never have pain after but I can feel a little weird sometimes. From what I've read my experience is not uncommon with age. You do sort of grow out of them although the auras haven't stopped for me but they are infrequent and would not really be a problem unless I'm driving or doing some activity that requires clear vision.

A.
An headache of varying intensity, often go with nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. intense headache can be a sign of a migraine, It occurs at the front or on one side of the head. Fortunately, there're many several home-remedy and natural remedy like trivedi effect for the migraine.