Q.

how do approach my fiance about his negative attitude about the holidays?

He has lost his son mother and grandmother all in the last two years

Commented that we should just go to a justice of peace instead of a wedding because there isnt anyone left on his side of the family to attend.

He refused to participate in Thanksgiving Dinner that I cooked for our family in our home.

He seems closed off to the idea of making new happy memories with our new family together

Related Topics: Family

A.
I am not a grief counselor but just showing you are there for him and supportive is important. I would not force things on him, since that might force his hand and make more despondent. Patience, love and understanding are the keys.  You might want to seek the advice of a grief counselor or even someone that specializes in depression.