Q.

I am unable to achieve and substain an erection during sex. What are the main causes and solutions? Less masterbation?

I am in my later 20's and have yet to have sex in my life with a condom on, and am forced to have sex without one, which usually is not a problem for me.  Does masterbation really effect your erections and sex drive during sex? 

Related Topics: Erection, Masturbation, Condom

A.

Masturbation is not harmful, and will not affect your ability to achieve or maintain an erection during sex.  If you are having these issues associate with sexual activity -- your first sexual activity -- this could just be "stage fright" or performance anxiety. While there can be organic reason why a person could not achieve an erection, the fact that you are not having a problem with masturbation proves that the blood supply to your penis is adequate, the nerves are working, and all systems are "go".

If (and when) you find a caring partner, try to relax and allow Nature to take its course when it comes to sexual activity. If you are still having problems, you may need to see a counselor to help you through this anxiety-provoking event.

Many fears run through a man's mind when first-having sex: Will I be able to perform? Will I please my partner? Will something happen that will embarrass me? Will I get an STD? Many things....

Let sex "happen". Don't be anyone but yourself.