Q.

After drinking red wine I get really hot is something wrong?

Related Topics: Drinking, Red Wine

A.
Alcoholic beverages, including wine, beer and liquor, may cause or bring about hot flashes. I read that alcohol may cause the body to release the hormone epinephrine, also called adrenaline, which may trigger hot flashes. Though all alcoholic beverages can produce this effect, red wine is particularly likely to cause hot flashes. I do not know if you are a man or woman, but in women with pre-menopause/menopause this can happen more often.  If you are the later you can see some more menopausal triggers here:
http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/hot-flashes

They say that maybe white wine or a blush/rosa might not have the same affect as red wine, but this is where the fun experimention starts. :)