As we learn more about the types of injuries that most commonly occur
in field hockey, it is possible to design and implement strategies
targeted to injury prevention.
Tips to prevent field hockey injuries include:
- Wear appropriate personal protective gear.
- Gradually increase the frequency, intensity, and duration of training to avoid overuse injuries.
- Balance cardiovascular, strength, flexibility, and skills training.
- Be aware of potentially hazardous environmental conditions like excessively hot or wet conditions and plan accordingly.
- Rest. Take some time away from training both during and between seasons to avoid overuse injury and burnout.