My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

Please visit the new WebMD Message Boards to find answers and get support.

Posted: | Report This Report Question |

What type of doctor treats rheumatic autoimmune disease?


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

20 Answers
1,436 Helpful Votes
An internist or primary care physician is often able to treat uncomplicated autoimmune disease. But with the advent of new therapies, specifically biologics which require very skilled management, care by a rheumatologist is desirable.
A rheumatologist is an internist or pediatrician with additional training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles and bones.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

50 of 57 found this helpful