Q.

What can I do if my hair is tangled?

A.

Dreadlocked stars such as Lenny Kravitz might embrace their stylishly tangled hair. But most of us groan in frustration when we're faced with a mass of tangled hair.

The key to preventing tangles is to reduce the amount of chemicals (dyes, relaxers, perms) that you put in your hair, and to use a good conditioner in the shower. Also, make sure your hair is tangle-free before you wash it.

Avoid brushing out tangles. Arm yourself with a wide-toothed comb, your fingers, and maybe a leave-in detangler that you can buy at any drug store. Start by gently picking out the tangles at the ends of your hair to avoid pulling out the hair. Once the ends are manageable, move your way up toward the scalp, gently combing.

Above all, remain calm. If you hurry, the tangles could get worse, resulting in a brush or comb full of stray hairs.

Read the Original Article: Hair Care Tips for Teens