Q.

Can I use lemons to lighten the darker areas of my skin on my body, including the perianal area? What else can I use?

Related Topics: Skin, Lemon

Dermatology
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
A.

The acidic component in lemons does contain some natural lightening properties. In general, it is safe to use. Avoid using lemons on any area that has recently been waxed or shaved. Lemons may cause irritation in the perianal regions.

Unfortunately, trying to lighten your skin with lemons will take a long time. Consider using hydroquinine, kojic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, or bearberry as more effective lightening agents.

Read the Original Article: Looking Good in Your 30s: Ask the Dermatologist