Q.

What should I tell my health care provider before I take Tyzeka?

A.

Tell your health care provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:

• Have kidney problems. You may need a lower dose of Tyzeka.
  • Have any allergies.
  • Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if Tyzeka is safe to use during pregnancy. It is not known whether Tyzeka helps prevent a pregnant mother from passing HBV to her baby. You and your healthcare provider will need to decide if Tyzeka is right for you. If you use Tyzeka while you are pregnant, talk to your health care provider.
  • Are breast-feeding. It is not known if Tyzeka can pass into your breast milk or if it can harm your baby. Do not breast-feed if you are taking Tyzeka.

Tell your health care provider about all the medicines you take including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Tyzeka may interact with other medicines that leave the body through the kidneys.

Especially tell your health care provider or pharmacist if you are also being treated with Pegasys (pegylated interferon alfa-2a), or any type of injectable interferon product for chronic hepatitis B or C.

Tyzeka Oral Solution contains sodium. If you are on a low sodium diet, ask your health care provider for advice. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines with you to show your health care provider and pharmacist.

Read the Original Article: Tyzeka