Q.

How should I take Ziagen?

A.
  • Take Ziagen by mouth exactly as your doctor prescribes it. Your doctor will tell you the right dose to take. The usual doses are one tablet twice a day or two tablets once a day. Do not skip doses.
  • Children aged 3 months and older can also take Ziagen. The child's health care professional will decide the right dose and formulation based on the child's weight. The dose should not exceed the recommended adult dose.
  • You can take Ziagen with or without food.
  • If you miss a dose of Ziagen, take the missed dose right away. Then, take the next dose at the usual time.
  • Do not let your Ziagen run out.
  • Starting Ziagen again can cause a serious allergic or life-threatening reaction, even if you never had an allergic reaction to it before. If you run out of Ziagen even for a few days, you must ask your doctor if you can start Ziagen again. If your doctor tells you that you can take Ziagen again, start taking it when you are around medical help or people who can call a doctor if you need one.
  • If you stop your anti-HIV drugs, even for a short time, the amount of virus in your blood may increase, and the virus may become more difficult to treat.
  • If you take too much Ziagen, call your doctor or poison control center right away.

Read the Original Article: Ziagen