Q.

When lie down, I hear my heart beating very loudly in my ears. I have borderline high blood pressure, could that be it?

Related Topics: High Blood Pressure, Ears, Heart

A.

It is very common to sense your heart beat while lying in bed -- rarely is it anything serious, but certainly this sensation will be aggravated if your blood pressure is high. If your blood pressure is normal, it most likely is not a cause of concern. It may also be intensified by any heightened "catecholamine" release (for example, adrenaline) state, such as caffeine consumption, anxiety, fear, etc..

Read the Original Article: Heart Pounding in Ears at Night