Q.

Can I become resistant to my birth control nexplanon

I'm 29 and was first on the depo shot for 5 years straight then switched to implanon for 3 years and I've now been on nexplanon for 2 years. I haven't gotten a period the whole time on any of these occasional spotting but not a full period. But the past 3 months I've been getting that wonderful visit from aunt flow so I was just wondering if I need to take extra precautions if my birth control was wearing off or if I've become immune to it

Related Topics: Birth Control, Period, Spotting

A.
I'm no professional but no, I'm pretty certain women cannot become immune to birth control. Sometimes the hormone dose isn't enough after prolonged use and you have to increase the dosage. I would consult your OB/GYN for a more definitive answer.