Q.

Can I go swimming in a salt water pool with shingles?

Related Topics: Salt, Shingles

A.

Hi Found you this on ask the doctor.

Shingles (also called herpes zoster) is an infection of a nerve area caused by the varicella-zoster virus. Anyone who has had chickenpox in the past may develop shingles. It can occur at any age, but it is most common in people over the age of 50. Shingles is contagious and one can contact chickenpox or shingles itself from anyone who has the disease. The shingles rash is contagious until all the blisters have scabbed and are dry. I would not advise you to go swimming until all the blisters have healed. You may consult your doctor for antiviral medication which may hasten the recovery. I hope the information helps, take care.

So there you go no swimming till your scabbed and dry then you can get them wet, crazy world we live in.