Q.

Hi, can I start taking birth control pills any day to delay my period? It will be my first time taking it as well.

I have regular period and my period starts every 25 days. My period is schedule to start on June 19 and I'm trying to delay it because I have a vacation planned next month. I got the "Aviane" birth control pills from my local clinic and the instructions said to take them during period/or on the first sunday after my period ends. But my period already ended and I'm passed the first sunday. I'm already on the second week. I did this on purpose assuming I could start my period later.
Related Topics: Birth Control Pill, Period

A.

Hi You may be lucky, when you get to the placebo pills just throw them away and continue with the next pack, that way you should skip your next period.

So a pack has 28 pills, its the last seven you don't take, or if its a pack with 21 pills you just carry on with the next pack straight away OK

Hope it works for you.