Q.

Can aleve, ibuprofen, or hydrocodone cause a false positive test for THC?

My boyfriend is on probation he failed his first test after 35 days of NOT smoking or eating marijuana. Keep in mind he is almost 300 lbs He had a tooth removed the week prior to his test was taking ibuprofen Aleve and the hydrocodone he was given from the dentist so now he is sitting in jail with no bond even though he has NOT used marijuana is it possible that the pain relievers I just listed can cause a false positive result in his test? And if so can it make your levels of THC increase?

A.
It might be that the THC was still in his system from before?  Or was he tested clean previous to this?  I'm very sorry this happened to him.  It must be awful!  But I know that THC does stay in the body for a long time, stored in fat, usually.