Q.

DOES SHINGLES VACCINE PREVENT COLD SORES?

I GOT THE VACCINE FOR SHINGLES VIRUS AND HAVE HAD A HISTORY OF COLD SORES. DOES SHINGLES VIRUS PREVENT COLD SORES?
Related Topics: Cold Sore, Virus, Shingles

A.
No, for two main reasons. 

One, a vaccine usually only works if you take it prior to being infected.  So even if the vaccine worked to prevent cold sores, it would have to be taken before you  had ever gotten your first one.

(Flu vaccines, by the way, are different each year, to prevent the new round of virus that's spreading through the population.)

Two, herpes zoster (the virus that causes shingles) is different than Herpes Simplex 1 (the virus that causes cold sores.)  They aren't equal.