Q.

Is it safe to take xanax and percocet?

I just recently had a surgery and am prescribed5/325 mg oxycodone/acetaminophen for pain. As it's helping with the pain, it's been making me very nauseous and difficult to eat but I am eating. It's been giving me very bad anxiety and I am prescribed .5 mg alprazolam for anxiety by a separate dr to take as needed only. Is it ok to take a xanax while on the percocet? Please help.. 

A.
It is safe to take the two medications, taking the two could possibly slow down your breathing, but if you are getting Nausea, you should call your doctor because acetaminophen could be making you feel nauseous or the percocet could make you feel nausea. He/she may have to change your medication.