Q.

My Estimated GFR is 109 and Hemoglobin A1C is 5.8 what should I do? I'm guessing watch my sugar intake.

I'm 47 and not in any way over weight and currently being tested for an auto-immune disease. 
Related Topics: Weight

A.
The key is to stay the course with your doctor to see if anything else shows up. As for your A1C, it is just above normal (pre-diabetes range is 5.7-6.4). Focus on lifestyle factors such as exercise, getting enough sleep and diet. You do want to lower your sugar intake but also add nutrient-rich foods, like plant based items (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats like olive oil and legumes) to your diet. A protein source at most meals and snacks can help maintain blood sugar levels as well. If your A1C doesn't come down after making some changes, consider seeing a registered dietitian.

For more on pre-diabetes, see this article.