Q.

Right pelvic pain during bowel movement and strain.

Hello! My problem started in January 2015. The problem as described in the title is that during bowel movement, cough or any strain I get dull pain in right pelvic region and a little below that. The pain goes away as soon as the strain stops. Due to this I have problem during bowel movement. The pain comes and goes on its own. There is no rash, no lump of any sorts. Urine and bowel is normal. Everything else seems to be normal except for this pain.

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds unpleasant!

My best advice is to see your doctor about this. Although you state there is no "lump" in the area where the pain occurs, it is still possible you herniated yourself by straining to hard during a bowel movement before the pain began. A physician can give you a thorough examination to make sure there's no hernia to be dealt with.

You should not need to strain a lot to have a bowel movement. Normal stool should be soft but firm. It should not be hard, pebble-like or very loose.

If you find it hard to push stool out of your bowel, you should consider adding both fiber and water to your diet. You can add fiber by eating more of these foods:
  • Beans
  • Leafy greens like lettuce
  • Fresh or frozen vegetables
  • Whole grains like brown rice
  • Fresh fruits like apples

In addition to drinking more water, you can help your body hydrate by consuming fresh fruits and vegetables with a high water content, such as:

• Melons
  • Cucumbers
  • Celery
  • Strawberries
  • Tomatoes

As you can see, keeping your bowels regular can be delicious!

Wishing you well!