Q.

If I have higher than normal mercury levels from eating sushi, will it get back to normal by itself if I change my diet?

Or a treatment is the only option?

Related Topics: Sushi, Diet

A.
You need to work with a healthcare provider on this issue and have your levels monitored. They also might have specific treatment for you. If you eat fish and seafood less often, your levels will likely go down but you need to work with someone and have levels tested to be sure.

For more on the topic, read this Q&A with the doctor of a well-known actor who had mercury toxicity from eating sushi twice a day for years.