Q.

What does a dash mean on a food label?

Is it true that the dash listed on certain food labels just another way of telling you the number of grams in the food is unknown?    

Is there a book available that tells you what the dash on food labels means and what other symbols on food labels mean?   

What should diabetics do when they can't find out the sugar content in a food from reading the label?

Related Topics: Food

A.
I'm not sure what you mean about a dash on the food label. It typically contains quantities like 0 or more. This article How to Read a Food Label should help you. There is also a book entitled Read It Before You Eat It that walks you through the food label and what it means.

If you cannot find the sugar on a product, I suggest you call the manufacturer to be sure.