Q.

Will my doctor tell my parents if I have gotten an abortion?

I Plan on getting an abortion with using my health insurance. Will it show when I go get an exam from my doctor? Will they tell my parents too? I don't want my family to know. 

Related Topics: Abortion, Health insurance, Family

Health Reform
A.
Some states have laws that require providers to notify parents 48 hours in advance of the abortion but only for minors under the age of 18.

It's not in effect everywhere, so it's important to check on the regulations in your state. If you're over 18 then it shouldn't be an issue.

I recommend you contact the Planned Parenthood in your area to learn the details.

Best of luck!