Q.

can a concussion cause vestibular migraines?

I hit the back of my head several years ago and now i have vestibular migraines.  the sensations in my head, eyes and neck feel the same as when I had the concussion.

Related Topics: Concussion, Migraine, Head, Eyes, Neck

A.

Yes it could.  I am experiencing the exact same thing.  I am 53 and never had Migraines in my life until I was involved in a car wreck and hit my head.  I now get Migraines frequently.....sometimes 2-3 a week

A.

I passed out without any warning.  Stood up, and 30 seconds later, passed out again.  Both times, I landed on my face.  But, I was unconscience before I even hit the floor.  Doctors were thinking it, likely, was seizures.  The last time I had a seizure was approx. 1985.  But, I have been taking my medicine to prevent them for many years.  Could it be possible that switching to a newer drug (Antivert) may be to blame?  I don't know why my neurologist made me switch.  After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  According to him, Dilantin is a very old medicine.  I have gone back to taking Dilantin.  But, I am getting therapy for vestibular as a result of the episodes.  BTW, is there a difference between dizzy and light-headed?

A.
     About 2010, I got a concussion when I fell while I was a patient in the hospital, strangely enough.  I did not, at that time, have vestibular issues.  But, I do now.  It's very frustrating when you're doing the PT for vestibular, and still have the symptoms.