Q.

I have DDD in 5 c-disks, 3 are ruptured. I have RA, spinal stenosis and migraine like headaches. would surgery help?

I have told that a guarantee of the pain going away is not possible. Please let me know if you need more details if the info I have provided is insufficient.  

A.

No there is no guarantee the pain will go away.  Most people that have undergone back surgery will continue to have pain all their life.  It will help, but the pain will probably continue.   The degree of pain will depend on how invasive the surgery is and how much damage has been done prior to having surgery

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: