Q.

My mother has a UTI infection and has anger issues, and definite personality changes, Is that normal with UTI?

I have been told by the nursing home that she is living in that it is normal with UTI patients.   Once she is on a antibiotic she gets back to her normal behavior.

Related Topics: Anger, Antibiotic

A.

Yes a UTI can cause a person to act totally different.  It can cause confusion....anger and personality changes.  It can show symptoms of someone seriously mentally ill and bizarre behavior.  It should clear up with proper medication, but if not, the individual should return to the physician.  The symptoms it causes are not permanent but will continue until the correct medication is used and treatment corrects the UTI