Q.

foods to bring down your blood sugar naturally.

I would like to know what foods to eat to bring down my blood sugar naturally.

I do not want to take any of the shots, as they cause CANCER, and there is enough CANCER in my family line now.

Related Topics: Food, Blood Sugar, Family

A.
By shots I assume you mean insulin. The key to bringing down your blood sugar is to track your carbohydrates, since they are what raise blood sugar.  Foods rich in carbohydrates include, bread/grains, beans, fruit, milk and yogurt and added sugars such as those in sweet foods and beverages. 

Foods rich in protein and fat do not raise blood sugar like carbohydrates do. Protein foods include lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs and tofu. Fats are items like butter, vegetable oil, nuts and seeds and avocado.

Vegetables are typically recommended because they are low in carbohydrates but high in nutrients.  So they can be consumed in large amounts.

The key is to include healthy carbohydrates in controlled amounts while including protein, vegetables and healthy fats with meals. If you consume sweetened beverages switch to water.

I highly recommend seeing a diabetes educator to help you put it all together. Below are some articles that might help: