Q.

Can Hot or Warm Water open skin pores and cold water closes skin pores?

I am asking this question because I am told I need to wash my hands in cold water to close my skin pores and keep lead dust or residue from entering my skin pores.  I have researched this and I find articles that state pores do not open or close to sites that highly recommend to wash your hand with cold water to close the pores and prevent lead dust or residue on your hands from entering the pores.

I would really like to know the best way to wash your hands to remove lead dust and reside.

Related Topics: Skin, Pore, Coldness, Hand

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer

Wash you hands with running water (cold or hot...does not really make a difference) and use SOAP. The detergent breaks up the natural oils on the skin that trap dirt and dirt particles and will help the water wash it off.

I would be more concerned with you BREATHING in lead dust....