Q.

What is a fungal ear infection?

I've had a ear infection for over a month. I've been treated w antiboyics and two different kinds of ear drops. I still can't hear anything and sometimes a mucous white and black blob 
comes out of my ear.

Related Topics: Ears, Ear Infection

A.

Well the Scientific name of a fungal ear infection is (Otomycosis), which is most common in warm climates and usually contracted by those who participate in aquatic activities.  So its just another type of infection in the auditory canal that is not a bacterial or viral infection, and is probably the easiest to manage and treat.