My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Can a hematoma to the base of the penis result in temporary erectile dysfunction?

2 weeks ago during intercourse my penis was thrust against my partner's body, causing a hematoma at the base of my penis under my scrotum. Swelling and dark discoloration occurred. I saw two doctors who recommended ice, rest, and ibuprofen.

Swelling and discoloration of penis and scrotum have gone away after two weeks. Now, however, the tissue in my penis feels harder and I am unable to achieve a full erection. I can however become sexually aroused and ejaculate, but without a full erection.


Answers from Contributors (1)

10,829 Answers
33,656 Helpful Votes

Hi If I was you I would get your self off to urologist, and get some tests done. Its a man thing that the small head leads the big head, if its not working properly, there goes your sex life.

Good Luck

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.down arrowThe opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the
bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

1 of 4 found this helpful

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: