Q.

Can a hematoma to the base of the penis result in temporary erectile dysfunction?

2 weeks ago during intercourse my penis was thrust against my partner's body, causing a hematoma at the base of my penis under my scrotum. Swelling and dark discoloration occurred. I saw two doctors who recommended ice, rest, and ibuprofen.

Swelling and discoloration of penis and scrotum have gone away after two weeks. Now, however, the tissue in my penis feels harder and I am unable to achieve a full erection. I can however become sexually aroused and ejaculate, but without a full erection.

A.

Hi If I was you I would get your self off to urologist, and get some tests done. Its a man thing that the small head leads the big head, if its not working properly, there goes your sex life.

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: