Q.

incubation period for west nile virus

Is there any known incubation period for west nile virus from the  time of the mosquito bite until the symptoms start appearing?  Are there any differences in the mosquito bite that contains west nile virus-for instance, is the bite itself larger or itchier or redder that a non-west nile containing mosquito bite?

Related Topics: West Nile Virus

A.

Hi. I think your find that this is the answer your looking for.

The incubation period — the period between when you're bitten by an infected mosquito and the appearance of signs and symptoms of the illness — ranges from three to 14 days.