Q.

Foods to avoid after gull bladder and appendix removal?

I have spinal cord injury I've been sitting 22 years. Is there a connection with food and removal of gull bladder and appendix? Does not standing and walking cause more concern? What foods should I avoid?

A.

You are going to want to avoid highly acidic foods and high fat foods.  These foods may cause extra gas or stomach pain that can lead to diarrhea.  I've had my gall bladder out and found that I can no longer drink coffee (stomach pain and gas) or eat pinapple (heartburn and stomach pain).  It may be a bit of trail and error for you. In the begining,  If you are going to eat one kind of fatty food, don't eat it with another fatty food, so that you can see what the food does to you and tell if you need to avoid it or not.  (don't eat a sausage/brat and icecream within the same meal until you know what each does to you).  Also, make sure you are getting enough fiber, especially because you do a lot of sitting.  Fruits, Veggies, whole grains, and beans are all good sources of fiber.  Good luck!