Q.

Can you have a period while pregnant?

My girlfriend and I have been having protected sex (condom) and her period was about a week late. I've heard that girls can still have their period a couple months into pregnancy. I've made sure that I used the condom correctly and she has taken tests and came up negative. Am I just paranoid? 

A.
You probably are paranoid if the test are negative, however a female can still have a period while pregnant. This is a result of very low HCG counts. If a female has periods and negative test without any other symptoms she is probably not pregnant but if the other symptoms appear sore breast, enlarged abdomen, nausea and vomiting etc then the blood test are advised and next a vaginal ultrasound.