Q.

What causes veins protruding on the forehead?

From behind the right ear to the middle of the forehead appears a bulging vein. What is it?

Related Topics: Ears, Forehead, Vein

A.
It's hard to answer a question like this without a physical examination. I can give you some general thoughts on this matter.

1. What you're observing could be perfectly normal. A vein can appeal to be "bulging" if a person has very pale skin, for example. You might look to see if the corresponding vein on the opposite side also appears to be bulging. Or, you might gently press on the vein to see if it feels engorged and stiff, especially as compared to the same vein on the left. If so, then I'd suggest you see your primary care provider.

2. High blood pressure can cause veins all over the body to bulge. It's not uncommon to see bulging veins in the head due to high blood pressure. That's another reason why, if the vein truly is bulging, it would be a good idea to see a doctor.

Please note I'm not trying to give any advice specific to your situation. These are just general observations.

Whenever you're experiencing something out of the ordinary or something you feel is abnormal, it's always OK to see a doctor or other health care provider for an evaluation.

Wishing you all the best!