Q.

When it's cold or sudden drop in temperature, why do I get a cold sore on lips?

Response insufficient. So, does sudden drop in temperature (even during summer), cause a body to react or be more susceptible to an airborne virus which brings on a cold sore? Treatment seems to be same. Bummer..

Related Topics: Cold Sore, Lip, Coldness, Temperature, Virus

A.
First off, a cold sore is a form of herpes, so once you get it, there's no getting rid of it.  The virus stays dormant in your body until something triggers it.  Cold temperature is definitely a trigger; winter is a huge time of year for cold sores, but sudden drops in temp. could very well bring cold sores on.  You may want to look into cold sore treatments.  There are many options both over the counter and prescription.  Best wishes.