Q.

what type of insect or spider bite would cause bruising

I was bitten by something yesterday and did not feel the bite.  I was outside in a heavily wooded area and about an hour later developed a mark on my forearm that bruised and turned into a very hard knot under the skin.  It itched at first but is now very painful.  The whole area is swollen and the middle of it is a whitish pink color with a large blue bruise all around and the very outside is brown.  What could this be?  What do I need to look for if I need medical attention?

Related Topics: Bruise, Forearm, Skin, Itch, Spider Bite

A.
i would get it looked at, i had the same thing and had been in the same type area and i got bit by a brown recluse,,had to take antibiotics if left untreated could cause ROTTING of the area, infection, sick, weak,,and in some cases can be fatal, make appt with dr or if you think you should go to the er