Q.

Mirena IUD

I had my IUD removed about three months ago. I have been trying to get pregnant and have been unsuccessful. I have gotten irregular periods at first and then they were coming as normal. Is there a chance that the IUD has made it so I cant have kids? Is there an actual period of time after removal that someone would be recommended to wait before trying to get pregnant? If so, how long will i have to wait? I need some help..please.

Related Topics: Period, Pregnancy, Irregularity

A.

Hi It seems your one of the odd ones for getting pregnant after removal, from what there is to read.

But there are things like are you over weight, do you eat healthy, do you get out and exercise, and timing, its no good your husband banging away each day, if he keeps doing that, he will be on a low sperm count.

So if you start tracking your cycle, and find your ovulation days, and work it from there to when you have sex.

Google mirena removal and pregnancy, your find some help, there's a medhelp page with lots of posts from women who have had it removed, you may find something.

Do hope this helps