Q.

what to do for accidental double dose of synthroid

after taking a double dose of synthroid 75mcg each, can I take anything to counter act the increased stimulated feeling or do I just wait it out?

A.
Well, let me tell you, I've done the same thing occasionally! Sometimes it's hard to remember if we took the pill or not, or else we inadvertently toss two tablets into our palm and they're down our throat before we know it.

Luckily, doubling up on Synthroid (levothyroxine) isn't going to have any long-term consequences for you. As you already know, it may make you feel stimulated, jittery, or energetic for awhile. Those feelings should pass by the end of the day.

You can resume your regular dose tomorrow. Meanwhile, you'll just have to wait out the jittery-ness.And don't drink any coffee, tea, or anything that can make you even more jittery.

Stay well!