Q.

What is lumbosacral spondylosis without myelopathy?

I have been in pain management for my back for a while now. After each visit, the doctor I see always post the notes on the patient portal. I noticed that some of my diagnosis have changed lately, and my new one is lumbosacral spondylosis without myelopathy. Can someone explain to me what this is?

Related Topics: Vision, Pain Management

A.

Spondylosis is Osteoarthritis, so lumbosacral spondylosis would be osteoarthritis in the lumbosacral area of the spine.  Here is a link to an article about cervical osteoarthritis, which is similar.  http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/guide/cervical-osteoarthritis-cervical-spondylosis

Myelopathy is when the osteoarthritis puts pressure on the spinal cord.