Q.

Can having diarrhea stop your period?

I started my period on Sunday (Wednesday now) but with the period also came diarrhea. I've been having constant diarrhea for 4 days now, and my period just stopped after the first day. I've had a fever as well. My periods normally last 7+ days, so this is bizarre. I was hoping someone could let me know whether or not this is normal. Thank you.

Related Topics: Period, Diarrhea, Fever

A.
If you are sick, it could easily affect your period.  It's not necessarily the diarrhea that's messing it up; your body could just not be bleeding to save energy for dealing with you being sick.  It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor to make sure he or she doesn't think anything else is wrong, but anything that stresses out your body (extreme exercise, extreme diet, weight loss, illness) can alter your menstruation.