Q.

how long do I soak in epsom salts after stitches are removed to help healing?

This is from a dog bite and there is still a lot of redness and swelling. /the bite occurred a week ago, on my left hand.

Related Topics: Hand, Salt, Healing, Stitches, Dog

A.

There are no set times for using Epsom salts for this purpose. As a matter of fact, I have never recommended it.

What concerns me is the redness and swelling, which can be signs of infection, especially when it was an animal bite. I recommend that you call your medical provider or the place that sutured your hand, for patient-specific advice. As you know, I have no way of seeing or examining your injury over the Internet.