Q.

Can stress cause pancreatitis to flare up?

Related Topics: Pancreatitis, Stress

A.
It certainly can cause a pancreatitis flare up. Stress is the cause of the majority of out health problems. Whenever I am under a ton of stress, especially emotional stress, my chronic pancreatitis flares up. 
Drinking, taking too many medications, & having 'pancreas divisum' which is a congenital defect at birth, can of course cause it as well. Just rest, & drink clear liquids, like water, popsicles, broth etc. Call your dr if it doesn't go away within a day or so so the dr can test your blood levels & give you pain meds, or admit you.