Health & Sex

Q.

Why do I have a delay of menstrual cycle

Last menstruation was in January 2013 and now is June 2013, I do not know the reason for this. I do not have sexual behavior. I met a doctor, she said that I need to check sex hormones, but they were alright, then she appointed me to see an endocrynologist, that doctor also checked my hormones-alright again. Why might this be happening? 

A.
    Delays in menstrual periods can be caused by a few things.  Depending on who you are it could be because of menopause, stress, and a few more factors.  When your doctor said your hormones were alright, did they give you any insight on what could be be the cause?  I would recommend you go back to the doctor so that they could determine the actual cause. Best wishes.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
    • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
    • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

couple not communicating
    How to tell when you're in one.
    couple face to face
    Get your love life back on track.

couple having an argument
    Turn spats into solutions
    couple in argument
    When to call it quits.

Life Cycle of a Penis
    Article
    HIV Myth Facts
    Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
    Quiz
    Couple in bed
    Video

6 Tips For Teens
    Article
    Close-up of young man
    Article

screening tests for men
    Slideshow
    HPV Vaccine Future
    Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site TRUSTe Privacy Certification TAG seal HONcode Seal AdChoices