Q.

It's hard to lose weight with hypothyroid. However, if you exercise, can you at least be able to tone up?

Related Topics: Exercise

A.

You can be hypothyroid and still lose weight (and tone up). Once you are on thyroid replacement therapy, go on a calorie-restricted diet and start a good exercise program....I can guarantee that you will lose weight; perhaps not as fast as you would like, but you will steadily lose extra pounds as long as you are on your diet. See a nutritionist if you are having difficulties, and always check with your doctor first before starting any diet.