Q.

does Prednisone make you sleepy

I know that a side effect  of Prednisone is insomnia but I just started a regimen this morning and fell asleep for 2 hours!  It's for a severe case of poison ivy.

Maybe just coincidental but antibiotics affect me this way too.

A.

my son takes that very often for his chronic lung diease and other premature side effects and it always gives him a attitude more so when he is done with the doses and always seems to have even more energy than he did without taking it. also his pulse rate increases slightly and i have to deal with him getting passed what i believe to be withdrawns for 5 to 7 days after his last dose but that medicine works great for all kinds of things that he has come across and also boosts his lungs up to help them become stronger during a cold but weakens his immune system but the good over weights the bad when compared to any other medicine we have tried! i have also noticed with myself and my son that medicine affect us in oppisite ways then others because most meds that should make you sleepy or more drained always makes us have the same or more energy and we almost can hide our sicknesses for the reason that it helps us not feel any sickness we might be going through. The meds that are to help you be motivated or no side effects occurs to that meds makes us sleepy or feel sicker or drained and noticable to others that we r sick or not ourselves and under the wind. Weird but true i prefer having prednisone then others its fast but effective only with the week after last dose my son wouldnt have withdrawn like effects! i hope this is helpful in anyway and thank you for taking the time and reading my answer! have a good day and God bless!